Under
Story by Chloe Benjamin
I hadn't read anything by Chloe Benjamin before, but the premise of the book really appealed to me. I'd previously read and enjoyed a book about time moving backwards, so I was very keen to read this one. It started a little slowly, but picked up around the 30% mark. She covered most of the backwards-time concepts that I'd enjoyed in the previous book, along with some physics, although she didn't touch on the concept of eating. Imagine that going backwards! 😊
Lauren is a renowned scientist, but after experiencing a traumatic event, she and her husband, fellow scientist Eli, separate. Seeking a complete change of direction, she moves to Antarctica and ends up working in the kitchen. When Eli arrives at the research station, old feelings begin to resurface. After Lauren has the epiphany that the mysterious Arc may be a portal, she must convince Eli to take a leap of faith with her. However, sometimes what you think you want isn't necessarily what's best for you. 😊
Overall, I
really enjoyed the concepts explored in this book, particularly the way
Benjamin approached time running backwards and the emotional consequences that
came with it. While it took a little while to get going, once the story found
its footing I was completely invested in Lauren and Eli's journey. The blend of
science, romance and self-discovery worked well for me, and the ending left me
with plenty to think about. A thought-provoking and original read. 😊
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/8943600451

Comments
Post a Comment